Aug 22, 2012 No Comments
How much is harmful substances in everyday products to improve our appearance, you will learn in the news.
- Lipstick : The Washington Post published the information that 400 manufacturers of lipstick used in the production of lead, which can negatively affect the basic processes of the body and is harmful to all organs of the human body. (However, studies show that lead to a much greater quantity in the food than the lipstick.) But the fact is, the impact of the metal on the body can be fatal, and buyers have to be careful with what they paint their lips.
- Lip gloss : That makes Vaseline lip gloss brilliant, but he is a by-product of oil refining. During his lifetime, the average woman unknowingly consume more than three pounds of waste oil industry. The European Union banned the manufacture of products using petroleum jelly, because it can cause cancer. As it turns out, women with breast cancer in the blood contained twice the substance, which is part of Vaseline than in healthy women. It sounds convincing or not, but this study shows that the EU ban could save the lives of many women.
- Tan in a spray : Bronzing touted as the safest way to get a tan … or rather it was before it was reported that the main ingredient in the tanning, DHA, can damage cells and, ultimately, to provoke cancer. Chemical that makes your skin tan, safely, to use it externally. But if done in self-tanning spray, when applied it can accidentally inhale and then it becomes poisonous. Although there were no scientific tests on humans, doctors believe that such sprays can cause malformations in the fetus.
- Nail polish : When it was discovered that one of the active ingredients of nail polish, DBP, can be potentially dangerous, was declared an official ban on its use. The problem is that many nail polishes still contain formaldehyde, a chemical that scientists use to preserve dead tissue. It can cause asthma and trigger cancer. Some doctors believe that the excitement associated with DBP and formaldehyde, too exaggerated, because the surface of the nail is impermeable to substances.
- Sunscreen : The Working Group on Environmental Protection reported that vitamin A in 40% of sunscreens, damages the skin, especially if it is exposed to sunlight. This damage can even lead to cancer. But lie on the beach lovers should know that these tests were conducted in mice, but they are more prone to skin cancer than people. In addition, the mouse is not that look good in a bikini. In all likelihood, as the body sunscreen performs its unique function – protects from the sun.
- Deodorant : In the 60 years of the last century, it became a very common view that the ingredients of deodorants, antiperspirants are harmful to the human body. However, comprehensive studies show that antiperspirants do not directly cause breast cancer. The fact that the chemical elements contained in them may increase estrogen levels, which can occur due to overgrowth of breast tissue, which in turn can lead to cancer.
- Hair dye : Two studies have alarmed as hairdressers, and fans to change hair color. The first study showed that women who preferred to dye their hair dark in color from the 1980′s, are at greater risk of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. After the second found that hairdressers who work with hair dye for more than five years, are three times more likely to develop breast cancer than women who did not have contact with the hair dye.
- Cheap jewelry : Those who can not afford something expensive, often use cheaper counterparts. That is why the production of cheap jewelry is very profitable, especially if tailored to teenage girls. But the check cheap jewelry for teens in the formulations were found lead, arsenic, cadmium and mercury.Of the 99% of the study jewelry one quarter had an extremely high content of toxins, some of which cause mental decline and cancer. Before jewelry sellers now tasked with how to determine the quality of the product.
- Narrow clothes : Stories about the dangers of corsets have long gone down in history. But according to the leading neurologists, elements of modern clothes such as skinny jeans or underwear Spanx, may cause serious harm to health. Narrow clothing can trigger blood clots and infections of the urinary bladder. In some cases, the aforementioned jeans, which should make the figure slimmer, which can damage the skin on your thighs, or semicircular lipoatrophy.
- Microneedle : You make facial spike roller? Then you are ready for treatment procedure microneedles, which promises a more healthy appearance of skin. But the procedure can be traumatic and, as some of those who underwent it, complained of skin damage. Experts say an even more dangerous consequences of such treatment, because beauty salons can not ensure proper sterilization of needles after each client. Workers salons in turn argue that each customer has a new movie with microneedles, but at 100% it is not checked.
- Breast implants : In today’s beauty is one major problem – one can not achieve the level of beauty that can be called satisfactory. Breast implants, to date one of the most popular options for changing the human body (10 million women have made a similar operation), another confirmation of the fact of how high the standards of modern beauty. But sometimes women die during breast enlargement surgery, such as a porn star Sexy Cora.Breaks, scars, terrible pain and fatal infections may also be consequences of the operation. (The Office of the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.) breast augmentation surgery is safe.)
- Permanent makeup : Daily makeup is not what a woman wants in the morning. Therefore, in some countries, permanent makeup has become quite popular in some countries. This procedure, also known as micropigmentation, is essentially a cosmetic tattoo. As a tattoo it is to trust a qualified professional, but as the observations of the Office of the Food and Drug Administration (USA), permanent makeup can cause the appearance of tumors, excessive scarring and even skin cancer. Savings of 20 minutes in the morning is not worth a lifetime.
- Tattoos : Despite the fact that most tattoo parlors controlled by the state, and their activity is regulated by local laws, too little is done to verify compliance with these laws. The result is a very high risk of allergies, chronic skin diseases, HIV, syphilis and hepatitis B and C. The problem is that there is a service that would be directly controlled industry tattoo parlor. Decorating themselves with tattoos relatively safe procedure.However, it should be noted that researchers from Southwest Texas University Medical School say that the tattoo can be a “carrier of the hepatitis C No. 1.”
- Brazilian keratin hair treatment : Brazilian keratin treatment (BCL) of hair is very popular among Americans, because promises shiny, voluminous and smooth hair, regardless of their original state. Magic happens because of the effects on the hair keratin protein, but experts say it’s all about formaldehyde. In addition, during the procedure BCL are harmful fumes and therefore at risk and the person carrying out the procedure, and the one to whom it is performed. M & M International, Inc., Manufacturer of BCL, said that formaldehyde is not included in the list of banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USA) ingredients.
- … And everything else : Although all new chemicals are tested, there is no way to know their long-term effects. Therefore, the news headlines are full of information about the often harmful ingredients contained in everyday products. Of the latter, “accused” – phthalates. According to the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, phthalates that are part of almost all kinds of cosmetics from lipstick to nail polish, can lead to a high risk of diabetes. Most of the cosmetics labeled, so attentive buyers can avoid this risk, but not always so manufacturers responsible.