Dec 20, 2010 No Comments
- Wash all fruit, vegetables, and salads, including any pre-packed salads, thoroughly.
- Don’t eat raw or undercooked meat.
- Eggs must be well cooked and all dairy products should be pasteurized.
- Avoid eating any soft, imported cheeses such as Brie and Camembert, blue-vein cheeses, and those that are made from goats’ and sheep’s milk because of the risk of listeria.
- Don’t eat liver and liver products, such as pate and liver sausage. They contain high levels of vitamin A, which is toxic in excess amounts.
- Avoid cook-chill meals and shellfish.
- Keep your fridge below 5 degree C/ 41 degree F and don’t refreeze any previously frozen foods.
- Pay special attention to hygiene in the kitchen.
- Don’t eat food that is past its “sell by” or “best before” date.