Apr 17, 2013 1 Comment
Having sex is good for you. No shocker. But the benefits depend on how often you do it. Take him to bed tonight – and tomorrow. The more you do it, the more benefits you’ll score. See what you score each time you score.
- 1 Day A Week For your weight – Sex prompts your brain to release oxytocin, which can improve your sleep. And more zzz’s could mean fewer pounds. Sleep regulates hunger-related hormones ghrelin and leptin, helping you say no to seconds.
- 2 Days A Week For your sniffles – Peeps who do it two or three times weekly have 30 percent more immunoglobulin A protein, which protects against illness, in their system than others do. The researchers believe the relaxing, mood-lifting effects of sex may play a role in keeping you healthy.
- 3 Days A Week For your heart – It’s more fun to hop on a guy than an elliptical, but both aid your ticker. Sex revs heart rate and blood flow. People who do it three times a week could see their risk for a fatal heart attack cut in half.
- 4 Days A Week For your skin – Couples who do it routinely look four to seven years younger (per study subjects asked to guess couples’ ages) than those who have less sex. Could be because sex produces human growth hormone, which may lower body fat and smooth complexion.
- 5 Days A Week For your outlook – Frequent sex is linked with increased optimism, energy, focus and creativity. So even when you’re not rolling around in the sack, you could feel more positive and have a happier relationship. Plus, all that focus and motivation could help you perform better at work.
- 6 Days A Week For your brain – To be a smarty pants, you gotta drop your pants…. as many times as possible. High-five if you get to six, but even one booty sesh is good for your smarts. When you have sex, it increases blood flow to the brain, releasing hormones that may enhance your intellectual capacity. And get this: It might even create new brain cells!
- 7 Days A Week For your mood – We’re impressed if you’re doing it every day. Wow. Even if you’re not, though, getting down can help you de-stress. “Regular sex can reduce anxiety,” possibly because of the endorphins it produces.